Re: Transferring Photos

Hi James,

Don't know if someone answered your question before me but here it is.

Your tags and all the info on your pictures library (i.e. the catalog) are stored on a file in your home directory (the exact path I think is ~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db). All you have to do to import your catalog to your new installation is to copy this file to the same exact directory on the new drive. After that, you need to have the files installed in the exact same path, in other words, if you checked the "Copy pictures to the photos directory" when you imported your pictures the first time, you have to copy the ~/Photos directory to the new account. Otherwise, you need to copy the files to the new drive to the exact same paths (ex. /somedir/photos on the old drive -> /somedir/photos on the new drive).

After doing that, when you'll open F-Spot it should work.

Hope it helps!

Math