Re: Is it possible to make a Windows port of F-Spot?

Konstantin Maslov wrote:
Is anybody try to run F-Spot on Windows or make a port?
Not of which I am aware (not that I should know about it)
Is it possible at all?
F-Spot is written in C# using Mono, so the primary portion should be easy to port. The major problem is likely the multitude of dependencies. For example, photo import, raw libraries. It would be a lot of serious work.
Say you can have your photo archive and F-Spot db on external
disk and work on your photos wherever you are... but what if you can use
only windows computer when you work "in the field"..
I recommend a virtual Linux boot disk or something like VMWare.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm