Re: New DVD Authoring application with F-Spot und Banshee integration

> Hey List,
>
> I would like to ask if there is anybody interested in creating a new
> (Apple iDVD style) DVD Authoring application for the GNOME Desktop.
>
> Take a look at my idea at Ubuntu Brainstorm
> (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/8195/) for some details and user's
> feedback.
>

> I started such an application a couple of weeks ago but I came across
> with some difficulties to integrate F-Spot into my application.
> https://launchpad.net/plomari
>
> Thus I decided to stop the process of this application and was
> thinking about starting a new one which is written in C# for a better
> and easier integration of F-Spot and Banshee.
>
> If anybody out there is interested in create such an application for
> the GNOME desktop, please contact me.
>
> Regards
>
> Babis

Isn't there a GSoC project developing a sort of integrated media tray
for GNOME?
Aha: http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2008/Ideas/MediaIntegration

I'm not sure where that is at this point, but it would probably be worth
integrating with that down the line. The two would make a good pair, and
this would be a good showcase for "why it is a good idea for one's
program to provide information to GtkMediaManager". These sorts of neat
integration technologies often lack the right incentives to get the ball
rolling.

Good luck with the project!

Bye,
-Dylan