Problem with tags & metadata files (IPTC)

Hi to all,

I'm lost.  Here's my story:

I have imported 5GB of jpg tagged pictures in F-Spot without any problem.  All the tags have been imported successfully.

Now, in F-Spot, I've done some more tagging, making sure first that the "write to file metadata" box was checked within F-Spot preferences.  Each time I've added or modified a tag for many pictures, I could see the hard-disk working, as F-Spot was obviously retagging pictures (well, that's what I thought...).

At one point, as a well known parano, I wanted to make sure that all my tagging work within F-Spot was giving the result I was looking for, i.e. making sure that tags were added/modified within the correspondent metadata files.  I've check some file properties with Nautilus, and everything was OK, i.e. tags were added/modified as keywords metadata.

Now, as a real parano, I've checked with an other photo manager, i.e. Jbrout.  I have imported the same files that were reported to be well tagged with Nautilus and, oh surprise, all the retagging work done with F-Spot appeared to be lost (all the previous tags were OK).  I've tried to import the same files with Digikam and got the same result.  I've looked at files properties with Gnome Commander (which support IPTC), and then again, got the same result, i.e. F-Spot tagging work was lost.

I've quickly looked in Bugzilla, but found nothing on this topic.  Obviously, there's something I'm missing.

Can someone help me to understand what's going on and, above all, help me to understand how can I properly use F-Spot to tag my pictures, making sure that tags are save as metadata keywords?

Thanks.

--
Marco Laverdière