feature request: photo retouching workflow

Hello. Is it possible to implement several features which can make a photograph's life easier? 1. Add a shortcut to "Edit with GIMP" action. Be able to edit such menu entries - add, delete, modify. 2. Monitor the directory of currently viewed image for external changes. E.g. I invoked GIMP of UFRaw via menu of F-Spot, edited the image and saved to another name in the same directory. I would like to see the new image being imported to the database and its icon appeared automatically (as xnview on Windows does - it automatically creates thumbnail file to a new photo in the currently opened directory).

With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich