Re: Debugging F-Spot

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 00:09 +0200, Silvano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Until now I've been using traces to debug my video patch, but it
> doesn't make fun anymore :-) Could anybody explain me how I should
> build F-Spot to be able of using a debugger (GDB or something like
> that)? I should somehow add the symbols, but I don't know how :-S

F-Spot compiles (but does not install) symbol files. Look for .mdb
files. If you're running f-spot with the --uninstalled option (or
install the .mdb files next to the .dll), the --debug option will run
mono on debug mode and at least output line numbers on exceptions.

There's also a mono debugger on the work, which is reported to work now.
But you'll need mono and the debugger from svn.

more info here: http://www.mono-project.com/Debugging

regards