Re: Synchronization across machines

Dougie Nisbet wrote:

> That's great. Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Dougie

Hi Dougie,

I am lazy now to look up my older posts, but I explained how I do it --
which is pretty much like described by others.

You should only sync photos.db and not the other files, syncing the other
files used to work but at some point it started causing trouble, Stephane
helped me out and told me to avoid syncing the rest.

Notice that it works with missing photos too, so you do not have to keep an
exact copy in both machines -- I use a laptop for stuff that I am working
on, and a desktop for a full-set of photos so the laptop has only a subset.
Missing photos simply do not show up -- their thumbnails could if you keep
that same on both machines.

There is a add-in to change the path one-time, and also if you look up my
older posts, there is a way to manually change them too by exporting the
database, and  using your "search/replace" method.

also, none of this is truly syncing since changes on machine would be lost
on other. version incompatibilities sometimes also create troubles.

turgut