Re: F-spot-list Digest, Vol 46, Issue 3

On 04/02/08 04:00 AM, f-spot-list-request gnome org wrote:

Is it a standard ubuntu install? How come you have thunderbird in opt?

I have also tried the defaults Thuderbird and Mozilla Thunderbird but I get the same results with all three.

you could try something like this from a command line (one line, of
course):
thunderbird -compose
"subject=test,attachment='/home/user/file.to.attach.jpg'"

this is almost the command issued by f-spot. is it working for you?

ciao
maxxer

It is not the default Thunderbird install provided by Ubuntu. I get my updates directly from Thunderbird because the Ubuntu repositories don't always keep up with the latest releases. That is why, I believe, the main program is in /opt. However, as far as I know this makes no difference in the way the program (TB) operates. At the moment I am running vs. 2.0.0.9 TB while the Ubuntu vs of TB is 2.0.0.8. But this problem with F-Spot occurred even when I was running 2.0.0.8, so I don't think that is the problem.

When I tried running from the command line I got "An error occurred while creating a message compose window. Please try again." However if I try from F-Spot using the "Send E-mail" menu I get a compose window, but with the exception that the picture I choose is not attached as it should be.