merge raw loses the tags

I think I mentioned earlyer, that  marge raw-tool seems to be losing tags. I noticed this on my desktop machine some time ago, but since I did not know if the problem was in the machine, or in the software, so I have not been mailing more about it, and well at the moment the merge raw option does not work at all on the particular machine anyway.

Now I got myself a laptop, and I have been moving some files from one place to another. I have my write metadata to file marked, so JPG: keep the tags i have assigned to them. When I merge photos, i lose most of the tags.

This problem seems to be linked with reimporting. If I import pictures, do some tagging and merge raw, tags stay. If I import photos with tags, most of those are lost when I merge raws.

I tried this three times(and I did encounter the ame problem earlyer on another mahchine), so it seems to be an reoccurring error.

I do not know anything about coding myself, but if anybody has any ideas what might couse this I would be interested to hear.