Re: The seam carving algorithm

On 9/19/07, Dylan McCall wrote:

> Lots of links (and a nice example image). Particularly nice is that there is
> indeed a free plugin for GIMP.
>
> I use F-Spot fairly happily, but I have never been a fan of its image
> editor. What is neat about this algorithm is the number of possibilities it
> unlocks, all under a single neat concept of finding and expanding seams.
> An implementation of it would serve F-Spot's editor very, very well.

To be really useful this should be a tool, not a plug-in -- a
combination of interactive resize tool and a brush to mark features
that should be preserved and features that should go away.

Implementing a brush in F-Spot is probably not very trivial and maybe
depends on product vision. But don't get me wrong -- for me this would
be a very desirable feature ;-)

Alexandre