F-spot as a real alternative to windows software

Dear all!

I am new to this list, so this is my first post. I am not a
programmer, but rather a pationate user of linux Desktop (since the
days of Slackware floppy disks!!!).....

Desktop linux has evolved enourmously from those early days, and also
the demand and expectations of users have also grown.

The progress F-spot has made is rather wouderfull, but there is one
thing which, in my opinion is THE show stopper - which is lacking...

I beleive it is not enough for F-spot to let you manage your easilly
your photos,  when most if not all digital cameras let you take at
least small  video clips! and who does not have them?

So, let me please ask the following question to F-spot users .

1. Do you also take video clips?
2. if yes, What do you do with the video clips? how do you download
them, and categorize them (similar to photos!!??)

and finally, Is there an application which compliments f-spot and
expands on it to allow for videos?

Looking forward for your replis!

Adham