Re: Only have thumbnails, not originals

Thanks for the replies.

I've removed Picasa, re-copied my photos over from XP to Ubuntu, and
used "import" on F-spot. Most of them are fine.

But I have one batch that's giving me problems.

File manager shows these in Photos, then in folders by year, month,
date. File names are fxcd0001.jpg, and so on. Date modified for this
batch is 17 July 2004 - that's the original photo date, I've never
edited them.

In F-spot, Version shows as Original, but date shows as 17/12/2004, file
name is the descriptive file name I gave when I originally downloaded
from my camera (in Windows, in 2004). Properties > location shows (for
example) "/Photos/2004/12/17/Glass Church.jpg" - but /Photos doesn't
have a folder structure 12/17. There is a folder 12, but it doesn't
contain subfolder 17.

I'm obviously missing something really basic about file handling here!

TIA

Dianne

> I'm running F-spot 0.3.5 on Ubuntu 7.04, and I'm fairly new to both,
as I switched from XP in April.

> I copied my photos over from XP, but now the main photo directory is
> empty. I can copy them again from XP, but I've obviously done
something to loose the originals (I haven't deleted them with Nautilus)
and I'd like to work out what I've done.