Unable to authorize Flickr

I've got a Debian Etch system running fluxbox.  I'm trying to use
f-spot on it, but cannot upload to Flickr which totally invalidates
its utility.  I have firefox (iceweasel) installed and working.  (I'm
gmailing from it now.)  But, when I try to authorize Flickr I get a
window that says:  "There was an error invoking the external
handler...There was an error launching the default action command
associated with this location."

So I did some research to figure out how to set the default browser
for fluxbox.  Turns out that is a function for the Desktop
Environment, not the Window Manager.  So I found out I am running
Gnome as my DE.  So I tried:
bruno mythtv:~/.fluxbox$ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
There is only 1 program which provides x-www-browser
(/usr/bin/iceweasel). Nothing to configure.

That is the correct path, and it works launching it from the fluxbox menu.

I tried lauching f-spot from xterm and monitoring the STDERR and found:
GLib.GException: There was an error launching the default action
command associated with this location.
 at Gnome.Url.Show (System.String url) [0x00000]
 at GnomeUtil.Show () [0x00000]

I'm at a loss here.  I've tried to fix this on my own before troubling
the community.  But, at this point I don't even know what to try next.

Please advise.

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.