Re: Dreaming

Well in my opinion, that's the beauty of F-Spot, that it and all of its
artifacts (database being the main one) are open source and free.

So, instead of thinking about doing this FOR F-Spot, think about doing it
INSTEAD of F-Spot. I'm not personally advocating this approach, just
pointing out that there are no limits just because no one will do it in
F-Spot proper.

Either you could solicit for changes in the database that support this new
functionality, or you could treat it totally separate and maintain it as
an add-on. People with huge F-Spot organized collections could easily drop
your program in place and begin playing with their photos in this fashion.
Stop using it, start F-Spot and have the same, familiar layout as always.

Just a thought. Of course if F-Spot had a robust plugin architecture. Oh
well, c'est la vie.

cheers!