Re: How does the f-spot/gnome community feel about bug/feature bounties?

If people are willing to pay, that'd be great.  But I can see several
complications:

Someone would have to manage the money, and there would need to be
some way of distributing it.  I suppose we could use paypal, google
checkout, or something like that.  People who want to see a certain
feature can donate some money toward the feature, so the more
popular/needed ones get weightier.

How do you resolve the case where more than one person works on a
feature?  Let's say someone does a large chunk of the coding, and
another person merely does the finishing touches, and the second
person's version gets accepted.  Someone has to decide how much each
person gets.

Similar to the previous issue: what about if the feature is only
partly implemented, but accepted into the trunk?  Or if the feature is
later improved upon?  Should we only pay part of the designated money,
and hold on to the rest for future developments?

And surely there are more problems that I didn't think of.  But if we
can work those out, it would be a great way to motivate the
developers.