Re: ufraw (and others) integration

Sounds like a very good and simple way to do it. Export to converter and automated import back as a version are essential rawconversion things that should be imlemented as soon as possible.

Another thing that has been discussed in this list before, but I do not know if anything have hapened to it, is the RAW and JPG problem. I myself shoot  both. In f-spot I can only use JPG:s, but still every image is shown twice. This makes browsing very anoying, and exports do not work if I accidentally have tagged even one raw file.

So I would find it very helpfull if there was some way to
1. Import files in the way that Raw images would be versions of JPG, or other way around
2. Way to rearrange my current collection in the same manner
3. Way to assign images I have been editing with another program/machine/etc. as version of the picture (there propably is some way to do this already, please let me know), hopefully as easy as possible, like dragging picture on top of another. Might be usefull if I could even drag files straight from my filesystem to F-spot and import as version of curtain picture.

The question should RAW:s be versions of JPG:s or other way around, if some kind of RAW processing is implemented, of course RAW:s should be the original pictures and the JPG:s the versions. So the thumbnail would show the last editet JPG, and when I export pictures it would export last JPG version, unless asked to use some other version.

If RAW conversion is not going to be implemented, the RAW files should be versions of JPG:s, just to get them out of the way.