Comment Area

I notice that an end-user cannot add a comment to a group of images
via highlighting them in the thumbnail view. Instead an end-user must
open each image in "Enlarged" mode and then add the comments one at a

It would be nice to be able to highlight a bunch of thumbnails at once
and then be able to add the same comment to the group of images as a
whole. Perhaps being able to pull up the  right click dialog and
selecting perhaps a "Group Comment" option which would bring up a
small dialog box that would allow for the entry of a group-wide
comment ?

What does anyone else think of this idea? I often find myself wanting
to add the same comment over and over to groups of images.

PS Where is the comment stored at anyways? Is it portable and
contained within the EXIF data of the image itself?