Re: proxy authentication

On 1/30/07, Stefan Feilmeier <stefan deeproot in> wrote:
Yes, http_proxy is in that form and works fine e.g. with wget. I have
bleading edge Ubuntu Feisty Fawn running. This is the output of "mono
--version":
Mono JIT compiler version 1.2.2.1, (C) 2002-2006 Novell, Inc and

Okay, that version should be reading http_proxy and passing it to the
WebProxy(string uri) constructor (though the 407 response suggested
that was the case).

This suggests that the WebProxy class is not handling the
authentication info in the URI. I don't know if it does under MS .NET,
but I think it would be useful behaviour. This is probably worth
reporting on Bugzilla.

--
Michael Hutchinson
http://mjhutchinson.com