Re: Does editing compress my JPG:s?

Editing imply decoding and recoding jpegs. The recoding is done with a
fixed compression factor. Now that the quality guessing code is
implemented and works fine, f-spot will recode all your modified jpegs
with a very similar compression factor, resulting in filesizes of the
same magnitude.
Some filters already use that, but not all the editing parts...

regards