Questions about importing and metadata

Hi Everyone,

I've enjoyed using F-Spot a lot (0.3.5 under Ubuntu 7.04), but I've
run into a few problems.

Firstly, I have recently checked the "write metadata to file" checkbox
hoping that it would make backups simpler, but it only seems to add
tag names to pictures that were tagged after the box was checked. Is
there an easy way to have previously tagged images list their tags in
the metadata too?

Secondly, I moved a few of the image files that I had imported into
F-Spot. I noticed this when there were blank thumbnails and question
marks in F-Spot. To fix this I removed the blank pictures from the
catalog, and went to reimport them from their new location on my hard
drive. The problem is that F-Spot will not allow me to reimport these
pictures! If anyone had some advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michael