Versions of Photo's

Hi,
Recently I adopted f-spot (3.5) as photo manager. A feature I like, is to be able to have different versions of a photo. It has however 2 limitations (for me at the moment :-) ). First of all I have made some thousands of photo's before adopting f-spot and did a lot of processing on them. To include the adjusted photo's as versions of the originals is not directly possible. The second limitations is that it is not possible to have versions with different extensions. I use a lot of RAW images, and those can't have versions. You usually make jpegs or gimps of them, but they aren't seen as versions of the original. At the moment I make jpegs of RAW images before importing them, so I have both in F-spot. Adjusting the RAW results in a new jpeg with the same name as the one that is existing, but now you have always two equal photo's in stead of different versions. At the moment you can't easily hide the RAW's.

Looking at the database (with sqlite3) shows that you can add versions yourself, so old versions can be imported with some clever scripts. I like to know how other people solve these issues and if it is planned to allow versions with different extensions in the future. The naming convention of versions in the database doesn't make this straightforward. Apart from this, I think f-spot is a very fine and fast tool with a perfect user interface

regards,
Ton