Re: blueMarine

On 27/09/06, Tim Millard <millardster gmail com> wrote:
I recently discovered the MIT licensed software blueMarine (beta). It
appears very light on the editing side, however, I think the
orginising of photographs is good. Perhaps some ideas (code?) could be
copied and used with F-Spot.

http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it/

Actually, blueMarine seems to have more editing features planned than
F-Spot. But it also seems like a lot of bloat- it is meant to
consolodate all the tools one might need (including intergrated web
browser). Things like this might be better off becoming F-Spot
extensions than core F-spot code.

As a side note, the blueMarine interface is very pretty, but wastes a
lot of screen real-estate. Just something that I noticed, because I
don't like wasted screen real-estate.

Dotan Cohen
http://gmail-com.com