Localized tag names and DB insertions

Hi!
Been away all of august, and catching up. F-spot seems to go in the
right way!

A while ago, I became concerned about the tag names that are stored in
the DB. Some tags are localized (Places in C locale becomes Lieux in
fr_FR locale). However, the localized tag is stored in the DB (here:
Lieux) instead of the generic (English) name. Thus, if someone switches
(with the same DB) from one locale to another, the tag does not change.
Which means that EXIF field filling will probably become impossible
(such as extracting the country from the tags, or the author, or
anything else). This is something I see as interesting to be done, and
it requires just minute changes to the tag-handling categories (in
short: always display the tag name, but store original tag-name in the
DB instead).

What do you think?

Will there be another meeting tonight? I may not be able to make it
unless it is quite late (Paris timezone).

--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq