Color banding in CVS

Hello,

I have just compiled the cvs head version and while running in Ubuntu
Dapper and I notice very bad color banding in resized photos (as in
photos that are not displayed 1:1). Has anyone els the same problem?
It looks like at some point the photos are reduced to 8 bit colors.
(Other viewers show the pictures without banding)

An example is attached: F-Spot on the left and another viewer on the right.

--
Best regards,
   Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius debian org