Re: Goal #6 : Rating - 326561 Test/Review/Comment

On On, 2006-10-25, 09:14, Aigars Mahinovs skrev:

> This would assure safe and predictable upgrading from any database
> version to the latest one. The database must contain a special field
> describing the database schema version, of course.
>
> Note: I haven't checked if anything of this is already in plae in f-spot.

There is a mechanism in place for updating the databases in F-Spot.
You will notice this directly if you do the following.
1) start cvs f-spot, with --basedir and --photodir
2) Import some photos
3) Start Rating F-Spot, with same --basedir and --photodir
4) Observe the console output, you should see some messages indicating
F-Spot is modifying Photos

/Bengt