Re: Time handling in F-Spot

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 12:57 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I agree that this should definatly be a goal. However, I don't think
> that there should be any consideration for UTC- only the local time.
> If the local time is wrong (the camera was not set properly when
> switching time zones) then that's what the Adjust Time dialog is for.
>
> KISS- the average Joe is not going to understand that his 'wrong time'
> is a function of UTC offset.

Then you will never be able to sort the pictures correctly.
It surely makes sence to use TimeZone time in the XMP part, since it do
support it. It would be a crime not to specify the timezone I would say.

For sure, in the import window, we can let the timezone's be hidden to
some extent, or even part of preferences or something. Just as long as
we can specify them. Without this information I do not think it is
possible to use any timezone, or UTC at all. Only way then would be to
use the EXIF time as the local time where the photo was taken.

/Bengt