Re: Regarding the version implementation in F-Spot

Hi,
On 11/24/06, Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org> wrote:
The main issue to have a versioning system as you describe is a db
schema one. (check my patch of a few weeks ago)

I'm currently writing a documents with changes required to the db and be
sure that it's part of it

Perhaps it would be a good idea to go over proposed changes to the
system and what changes the database would need to support them?

I thought the suggestion from (Bengt I think) to make special "hidden"
tags is a good one too. That would make it easier to add features for
tesing purposes without breaking the database at the same time. To be
honest it seems like the versioning could just as well be implemented
like that instead of having a completely separate table for it.

I'll try and find your old patch though and look into it. (Is it the
one with asyncronous database writing?)

/Marcus