Re: Memory usage

On 11/7/06, Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo milesi gmail com> wrote:
The steps I did for every imported folder were:
1. Select the folder
2. Apply the "lastimport" tag and import them into f-spot
3. Filter for the lastimport tag.
4. Create a new tag with folder name, apply it to the imported pic,
remove the lastimport tag
5. Filter for the created tag, tag all the pictures (I have 500+ labels).

Why don't you replace steps 2 - 4 by tagging the photos with a new tag
with the folder name directly at the time of import?  Notice the
"Create New Tag" option at the bottom of the tag selection list.

Gabriel