Re: Updating the TimeLine Limits

Stephane Delcroix wrote:
A new patch to solve also the case of 'Set Date Range'
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=66120&action=view

Before going further with the TimeLine, I just wanted to know some
things:
- do you use the TimeLine

Sometimes

- do you plan to use it now, with the ability to set/clear the date
range directly ?

If this is behaviour more like the iPhoto date tool (showing only the photos in a certain range) - definitely.

- do you use the Directory view ? is it useful ?

Do you mean View->Arrange by->folder? If so, I haven't been able to figure out how to make it work.

- I plan to implement a zoom function(on the timeline) and a week (and
maybe also a day ?) view. what are your views on that ?

zoom would be nice.

the iPhoto data constraint tool makes it really easy to limit the photos shown based on year, month, or day --- I think that would be more useful than by week. The UI it uses is basically a scollable calendar --- clicking on a year limits the view to photos taken in that year, similar for months and days. I think you can multi-select days or months to get a wider range...

I don't care so much about the exact UI - but it would be really nice to be able to select a full year, or month in a single click...

Warren