Re: Gallery export parameters

kLyK wrote:
Basically I think I just need some help with the parameters to put into the Gallery export dialog.

My problem is that when I try to connect to my gallery nothing happens visually, but on the console this gets written out.

Gallery created: GalleryRemote.Gallery2
Exception: GalleryRemote.GalleryException: Failed to find start of response in <0x000ef> GalleryRemote.Gallery:findResponse (System.Net.HttpWebResponse response) in <0x00043> GalleryRemote.Gallery:ParseLogin (System.Net.HttpWebResponse response) in <0x000b3> GalleryRemote.Gallery2:Login (System.String username, System.String passwd)

My gallery is located at http://<mysite>/gallery/

I've tried putting that in with my admin username and password for the gallery as well as appending main.php to the url, but I still get the error. I've changed my password a few times, adding a new user to the admin group and using those login details to no avail.

I've tried both the version of f-spot in ubuntu dapper and compiled the version from cvs without any luck. I haven't been able to search the http://gallery.menalto.com forums as I can't seem to reach that site.

What am I missing? There's very little documentation regarding this, I do agree that it should be simple, but I've tried everything I can think of.

Well I worked out my issue, had to enable the remote plugin on my gallery site. Adding that to the documentation would no doubt help others.

After clearing that hurdle I'm having some problems adding galleries using F-Spot. A test run of one word entries for Name, Description and Title works, but adding more words to the Description and Title causes an exception in both the dapper repository version and the cvs version.

Test Case1: passes
Name:test
Title:test

Test Case1:  fails
Name:test
Title:test

Test Case 2: fails
Name:test
Title:some words

An unhandled exception was thrown: Error: Unable to parse server response

in <0x0018d> GalleryRemote.Gallery:ParseBasic (System.Net.HttpWebResponse response) in <0x0000d> GalleryRemote.Gallery:ParseNewAlbum (System.Net.HttpWebResponse response) in <0x000c4> GalleryRemote.Gallery2:NewAlbum (System.String parent_name, System.String name, System.String title, System.String description) in <0x0002f> FSpot.GalleryAddAlbum:HandleAddResponse (System.Object sender, Gtk.ResponseArgs args) in (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void_object_ResponseArgs (object,Gtk.ResponseArgs) in <0x00100> Gtk.Dialog:ResponseSignalCallback (IntPtr arg0, Int32 arg1, IntPtr gch) in (wrapper native-to-managed) Gtk.Dialog:ResponseSignalCallback (intptr,int,intptr)
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
in (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application:gtk_main ()
in <0x00007> Gtk.Application:Run ()
in <0x00007> Gnome.Program:Run ()
in <0x00542> FSpot.Driver:Main (System.String[] args)