Re: criticism and suggestions

On 3/19/06, Hans-Peter Doerr <hp doerr web de> wrote:

1) slideshow.
[...]

2) general image view and fullscreen mode
[...]

HI Hans,
I agree completely on these two points --- both things have annoyed me in my use of f-spot so far.  They aren't show-stoppers for me, but they are definitely things I'd like to see fixed.

3) sort by date
this is a suggestion for the "show in chronological order" against
"newest first" topic. i would suggest a "grouping" machanism which
allows to specify which pictures belong to one event (eg. "summer
hollidays"). pictures in the same group are sorted chronological (oldest
first) but the group with the newest image is shown on top.
each picture belongs to exactly one or zero group. this could be done by
selecting the wanted pictures and a "group pictures" item in the context
menu. a "remove selected pictures from group" should also be available.
these groups don't need to get names, one only needs to know that a
picture belongs to a group or don't.

This sounds....   overly complicated to me.    I don't really like the idea of introducing a new 'group' concept just have the images show up in a reasonable order.   Maybe f-spot could remember which import op each photo came from and treat all photos imported at the same time as a 'group'?

Warren