Re: Background and questions

On 3/17/06, Warren Baird <photogeekmtl gmail com> wrote:
> I'm coming from before I start spewing out questions and comments.  Hope the
> intro isn't out of line...

Not at all, welcome to the community.

>    - tagging - as I mentioned above, it looks kinda annoying to add a lot of
> tags to a lot of photos.

Since 0.1.4 (we're at 0.1.10 now) there has been a feature (though
it's hard to find if you don't know about it) where you can press t
while having photo(s) selected and you can type in/edit the tags.

>    - multiple libraries - I've got a lot of photos, and I tend to keep
> separate libraries for certain categories of things

There is a enhancement bug request for this.  In the mean time, you
can get around this limitation by manually moving the database in
~/.gnome2/f-spot/photos.db as needed.

I'm not too sure about installing f-spot from CVS on Hoary.  I looked
around and didn't find backport or any relevant links for you.

Gabriel