Is f-spot what I want?

I'm afraid it's not clear to me exactly what f-spot does
(or how one gets it to do whatever that is).

Basically, I have a few folders containing JPEGs,
maybe 300 in all,
and I want to offer them on my web-site.
Can I use f-spot to create a web photo gallery?
If so, what commands exactly should I give?

I looked at the User Guide,
but I'm afraid I didn't learn much from  it.

Is there a simple tutorial or howto somewhere?
Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366