Re: Image rotations

On the flickr site turn on the auto rotate option, that will let them
display the way you expect there.  F-Spot rotates jpegs by changing the
exif orientation of the image because it is a small relatively safe
modification.  This produces an image just like what the camera would
have produced if it did have an orientation sensor.  I chose to do it
this way because f-spot supports loading these images correctly and
other rotation methods, lossless or otherwise, require much more drastic
modifications to but the image and the metadata.  The metadata dialog
displays the thumbnail stored in the exif data which is always stored
with the sensor orientation, so that is how you would expect it to look.

That said, I will probably add an option to the preferences dialog to do
rotation of the coefficients sometime in the near future because the
code is already in f-spot for other reasons and some people prefer it.

--Larry