Rotation descriptions

I'm wondering why "Rotate Left" and "Rotate Right" were chosen to
describe the commands instead of "Rotate Clockwise" and "Rotate
Counterclockwise".  The best I can guess is length of the words.  If
thats the case, here's a little antecdotal feed back on usability.

It wasn't until I was half through writing this e-mail that I noticed
the small little icons noted which direction the image would be
rotated.  I am having a difficult time remembering if it is the top of
the photo or the bottom of the photo that moves.  Personally, I think
it would be clearer if a larger arrow and/or
Clockwise/Counterclockwise were used.

Just my $0.02

--Dave