Re: import hell

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 00:56 -0400, Joe Burgwinkel wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> Please say it ain't so.  Does pressing 'cancel' on the import applet
> window AFTER an import has *successfully completed* dump the whole
> import?

Ok, I will not say so :) ... but then I am lying. :(
F-Spot dumps (as you stated) everything if you do not press the last
IMPORT button (after all the photos apparently have been imported since
the thumbnails are beeing displayed one by one)

F-Spot's import process is perhaps not the best and intuatively one.

1) If you intend to use existing photos (that is, do not copy them to
~/Photos) then you HAVE TO unselect the copy tick box BEFORE you select
the source directory.

2) After you have selected a directory for import, and watch the photos
beeing displayed etc over some time you are presented with a choice of
Import or Cancel. You must press Import here for the pictures to stay in
F-Spot. Otherwise f-spot will erase all of them for you (only if copied)

Good luck

/Bengt