Re: Automated regression test

Bengt Thuree wrote:
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone have any idea of an automated regression test
for the various components in F-Spot.

I'm a *HUGE* fan of automated testing. It really helps catch stupid errors quickly without a lot of tester time.

The ideal would be a mix of unit-testing code and system testing using a GUI tester. I must admit that I have absolutely no experience with unit testing Mono-code.

I'd hope that there is an equivilent to Boost's unit test code or JUnit for mono. If so, we should consider using it.

I've experimented with 'test driven development', where you write the tests first, and then implement the code, on a few small projects, and it worked pretty well. Never tried it on anything on the scale of f-spot, though...

Warren