Meetings

Hi all,

    A few of us were in IRC today (Gabriel, Stephane, Bengt, me) and we were talking about how we would like to see development of F-Spot proceed.  We came up with some ideas, but its something that we want to discuss with everyone, and we definitely need input from at least Larry.

    One of the best ideas from Stephane's email a week or so ago was the idea of meetings.  We all decided this is something we should start whether it be weekly, biweekly or whatever.  We think this is a good way not only to build the community but to help get everyone on the same page.

Some issues to deal with at the first meeting:

* Is there some way we can get code committed more efficiently?  An idea we came up with would be that with X of the devs approving it could go in.  More of the devs would have commit rights, but only to be used when the condition is met.  Project leaders of course wouldn't be subject to this.

* What should the review procedure be for submitted code?

* Overall direction of the project.  We need to discuss the direction we want the project to move in.  To be able to make intelligent decisions about what can and should go in, people need to know what the plans are.

* Short-term plans.  Basically what do we need to work on in the immediate future to push F-Spot towards its goals.

* Anything else that anyone can come up with.

What times and days work for those interested?  Obviously everyone has varied schedules so we'll try to work everyone in but most likely a comprimise will have to be met.  Please send times in UTC so people don't have to convert and we can avoid confusion.

Hope to see you all at the first meeting!
Ben