Re: Auto tag "Tags in progress" during import.

I like the idea of being able to see "recently imported" photos. This list of images could be generated in a variety of ways:
Personally, I don't mind having photos with no tag. They should be selected through the Find... utility rather than some manipulation of the tag structure.

On 29/01/06, Ruben Vermeersch <ruben lambda1 be> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 13:04 +0100, Ben Monnahan wrote:

>         How about we automatically tag a picture with a "Tags in
>         progress" tag
>         during import. So we can easily select all pictures we are in
>         the process
>         of tagging? And after we have finished tagging them (same day,
>         or 2 weeks
>         later) we remove the "Tags in progress" tag.
>
> This was something I thought about too.  For now I've been using my
> own "in progress" tag that I manually add when importing.  This of
> course doesn't allow me to apply a more useful tag at the import
> screen, but I was going to have to go back and add more anyway, so it
> doesn't seem like a huge deal.  To me, this seems like a useful
> feature though. (especially for drag and drop imports, which I don't
> believe allow you to add a tag)

Wouldn't a "last-import" search be more obvious? I don't think much
people will understand the concept of tag-in-progress right away.

Kind regards,
   Ruben

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)