When will F-Spot be "ready"?

By ready, I mean that an end user can start putting thousands of pictures
without fear of the database format changing and having to start over.

Because, frankly, I don't mind if it crashes sometimes, or if something is a
bit rough. But if the database format can change without an upgrade path,
F-Spot is completely useless for me (and many other people I suspect), so
you're going to be missing a lot of feedback and real-world use cases.

Any idea? Is it going to be a matter of a few weeks, or are we a good year
out?

Also, just out of curiosity, what makes it so hard to provide an upgrade
path for older database formats? I'm not a database expert, but it seems
like a pretty straightforward thing to do assuming it's a priority.

--Noel