Tiff.cs and DateTime

Hi

I was looking at bug #327015, and while checking the Tiff.cs source file
from CVS I found something I am a bit confused over.

If you compare with Jpeg.cs, the Date function have a Try/Catch
statement so that if the DateTime is corrupt/non-existent, Jpeg.cs will
fall back to ImageFile,cs and return the pictures filesystem datetime
stamp.

But Tiff.cs's Date do not contain this Try/Catch statement to enable
this functionality. Tiff.cs only returns the base.Date if no DateTime
tags exists.

Is this correct or should I create a Bug on this one?

I played around a bit with this functionality, but got a bit confused.
What I could see is that Jpeg has one main entry, with the Try/Catch
statement in it, but Tiff have a lot of small functions with the
Try/Catch statements. Will this work with a malformad/non-existing
DateTime tag embedded in the photo? I mean, will the DateTime tag be
read from
1) DateTimeOriginal
2) DateTime
3) Filesystem timestamp on the photo
And moved on to next field if the previous one was not readable/did not
exist?

Bengt