CVS Login Problems

Hi.

I'm trying to checkout the sources of F-Spot from the CVS. I follow the procedure described in the article "Getting the most out of CVS in GNOME". My CVSROOT env variable is set to ":pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:2401/cvs/gnome/" and I try to perform command cvs login, but after asking the password cvs exits with error message. The output is as follows:
grayyoga ict21-23:~$ sudo cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:2401/cvs/gnome/
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

Can anybody help me to resolve this problem?

Best Regards, Siarhei Rachytski.