Re: Some way to write the meta data back into the photos as a batch?

This one time, at band camp, Bengt Thuree wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 11:50 +1100, Stephen Norris wrote:
>> I turned off writing metadata into the photos because it took far too
>> long.
>>
>> Is there some way to have it happen all at once - essentially I'd like
>> f-spot to be able to write the db metadata into all files (or a
>> selection, I guess). That way I can work with it in fast mode, then have
>> it do all the updates while I'm doing something else.
>>
>> If not, does anyone else think this is worth doing?
>
>If the real time update of the XMP data takes to long time, then for
>sure I am all in favor of a syncronise feature. But for me, I have not
>noticed it takes too long (yet anyway).
>
>Anyone else have any comments?

I find that tagging a lot of photos at once (say, some hundred from an event
all being tagged as part of that event) leaves f-spot locked up for about a
minute.  I never realised until this thread that it was possibly due to
updating the photo metadata themselves, I always thought it was just writing
to the photos.db.