Re: Bug 329841 - Also modify old directory names?

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 23:55 -0600, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> Just this evening I committed a patch that makes it very easy to run
> one-time upgrades.  For example, the first upgrade in the system removes
> the Other tag if it is empty, as it's been decided that it's pretty
> worthless.

Hi

Any suggestions for how to ensure this update is only run once?
1) Add a keypair to the Key/Value database, and only do this if this
keypair is not there?
2) Check the version of F-Spot earlier than 0.1.8 (Is it in the KeyPair
database, or somewhere else?

Something else?

Also, to ensure the moving of files is done securely, I would do Copy
and then delete. Could also do a checksum of the new file, and compare
with the old one to really ensure it is ok...

/Bengt