Any plans to use libopenraw in the future?

First of all, I want to say thanks for working on F-Spot. It's quite
nice to use, and I use it as my main photo manager on Linux.

The Linux.com article at
http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/06/158220 (which says that
F-Spot's raw handling is imperfect) reminded me of the time about a
year ago when I decided to try out F-Spot's handling of .CRW files
produced by my Canon Powershot G3. I found that raw files felt like
"second-class citizens" in their handling: some of the functions I
tried wouldn't work as well as others (trying the "Rotate Left" and
"Rotate Right" buttons is the only thing I remember even foggily from
that far back). Sorry that I can't turn this into an actually useful
bugreport: I don't currently have any raw files to test out the latest
version, so I don't even know if the raw handling has been improved in
the latest version of F-Spot.

What I wanted to ask, though, is: has anyone looked at the libopenraw
project yet? Its express goal is to make raw handling easier by
packaging the relevant code as a library rather than an external
program. It's still in very early stages (it just released version
0.0.1), but it handles several file formats, and has the goal of
allowing things dcraw can't do like metadata extraction. I figure it's
worth taking a look at.

More info on libopenraw: http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/
libopenraw blog: http://www.figuiere.net/hub/blog/?Libopenraw

--