Re: Album Support

Fabian wrote:
>>In another photo program I used, you have the choice to sort the
>>pictures (inside an album) by date, date-reverse, name, custom. The
>>custom ordering is saved and the last chosen ordering (date,...) is also
>>saved.
>>So when you enter an album, the last "view" is restored.
>>
>>Also, you should be able to reset the custom ordering to date or
>>date-reverse. That could be an interface / usability problem to clarify
>>the meaning of it.

I think this would be a great feature.

I also think it would be nice if we could rename the image files from within f-spot, according to the album name and the ordering we have set for it.  And possibly the date, tag info, etc.

I know for my picture collection, I haven't really used a standard naming convention over the years, and I've gotten many pictures from friends and family with varying filenames as well.  It'd be nice if I could use the photo database to enforce a consistant file naming procedure for the photo collection.  This might help make searches easier outside of f-spot, and make the photo collection actually look like an organized collection.

Scott