Re: Ubuntu and F-Spot

Op zo, 27-08-2006 te 14:26 +0900, schreef Bengt Thuree:
> Should I take this that ubuntu do not like Mono.... :)

Well, I think you will find some people with sentiments against Mono in
about every distro. Mostly it is just uninformed complaining based on
the wrong arguments.

In the case of Ubuntu, I think they pretty much embraced Mono because
they like some Mono-based applications (such as F-Spot). Of course there
are still people who occasionally try to revert the Mono adoption.

So, no, I don't think you should take this piece of text as such ;)

More and more people will get used to Mono, especially if the
applications make life easier for them and the Mono developers keep
working on performance and memory consumption (at which they've been
doing a fine job I think).

--
Martijn Vermaat

mvermaat cs vu nl