Re: XMP Import patch

On 26/08/06, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com> wrote:

> Agreed. As soon as I get my tags imported, I'm rebuilding F-spot with
> this patch. I'd love to help iron out the bugs and get this into head.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Dotan

Do you still have problem with your import of existing tags in hebrew
or?

I have not heard anything...

/Bengt

Yes, but the problem _may_ be with the photos, not with Fspot. I need
a tool that outputs all the XMP data in a photo, so that I can insure
that the info is in fact there.

The problem stems from the fact that my tags are all stored in IPTC
fields in my photos. So I'm trying different php scripts to copy them
to XMP. Failing that, I see that Fspot import IPTC field #025, but my
tags are in feild #118. So I'd like to just copyt them to the correct
feild, but I cannot figured out how to use the php function iptcembed,
which is undocumented. Failig _that_, I'd output SQL directly to
photos.db, but I ran into some problems opening photos.db with sqlite,
and in any case, when I was able to open it, I coulding figure out all
the nessacary feilds.

For starteres, though, a tool that reports on all the XMP info in a
photograph would be helpful. I did recomile Fspot with the XMP debug
output, but I'd prefer a standalone, command line tool.

Or, to understand iptcembed(). Oh, the hoy of undocumented photos.

Thanks, Bengt, for the concern. I'm now leaving for a day to be with
the Mother in law in the south, I'll be back tomorrow. Bye.

Dotan Cohen
(and Ety, who says hi)