Patched Fspot hanging on import

I had patched Fspot with the patches for bug #342137- importing photos
with XMP tags. The attached photo _should_ have XMP tags (in Hebrew)
attached. When I try to import it Fspot hangs indefinitely. I must
kill it with CTRL-ALT-ESC.

Why should Fspot hang? Can someone verify this behaviour, and possible
verify that the file does in fact have XMP tags? What tools can I use
to read the XMP data, as exiftool showed nothing even on photos that I
knew for certain had XMP data written by Fspot itself. Thanks in
advance.

Dotan Cohen
http://dotancohen.com

Attached photo at this address: