Re: Patch Review please : 321770 - Import Roll History

Hi,

Or in other words, do we have two different notions here? Tags and
rolls? Or only one with roll being a special case of tag.

and

It seems to me stacking has a different purpose, namely to offer the
possibility to see only one of many similar pictures, typically in the
case of burst shots. Though of course, stacking and grouping are not
completely unrelated.

I wrote a loooong mail about this but then I figure I'd spare everyone
my mental ramblings. Basically yes, grouping and stacking are similar
things. And grouping and stacking can be implemented with tags. As can
versions.

It will be a bit cludgy and it will require some "hacks" in order to
make it work however.

So because of that (and to save the sanity of future developers of the
project) I think it would be better to use a clean OO design and add
groups as a "proper" member of the F-Spot design.

/Marcus